Using a Ricoh GRD III and a Nikon DSLR to photograph streets, people, architecture and anything else that catches my eye.

Sunday, 26 August 2012

an image of a cow

Sometimes, photography can get boring. Sometimes I spend so much time trying to take photos in the street, or trying my hand at architectural photography. But sometimes I just can't be bothered to do any of that.

I drive by a field of cows every day. They're always there, just mooing around and chewing cud, generally doing what cows do. Then one day I decided to just stop the car and wander over to the fence and get there attention. Curiosity lured them over to the strange guy leaning over the fence (plus the promise I gave them of a chance to be famous on my blog).

So here is a portrait of Lucinda, taken just before sunset.

7 comments:

ismall said...

Did she tell you her name?

Bill Wellham said...

No, Lucinda was a little shy... but her best mate Beryl told me. :)

George McKay said...

Like the golden glow backlighting which contributes to the making of a divine bovine portrait.

Bill Wellham said...

Thanks George... and I like the sound of 'divine bovine'.

s.c said...

And a nice portrait it is. Cows are really very curious and has such a beautiful look.

Michael Gatton said...

Really nice effects and subject - I'm thinking an album cover for some indie rock band :-)

Bill Wellham said...

S.C... They are beautiful, and they have those big exagerated ladies eyes.

Mike... I used a 'lomo' effect plug in filter, which gives it that very lo-fi quality.