Using a Ricoh GRD III and a Nikon DSLR to photograph streets, people, architecture and anything else that catches my eye.

Monday, 6 August 2012

My 100th Post! - Some Random Street Images

This is my 100th post! Approximately one year of blogging. I couldn't think of anything very spectacular to celebrate this massive milestone...  so...   here is another post, much like all the others.

I usually post a small set of images from a day of photography, usually all from one area. Today's post consists of the images which I have collected over recent weeks, which are not necessarily connected in any way. This is the result of always having my camera on me, and taking advantage of any photo opportunity I can.

These old fellas are fast asleep in the middle of the day, while the sun beats down. (between the rainy days). Lucky they have their baseball caps on.


 Shooting into the sun is always fun with somewhat unpredictable  results.  Thanks to Silver Efex.


Just another quick shot from the hip. I know very little about fashion, but I can sense certain style here.


Taken in London's Green Park. These guys zoom around at silly speeds. I took this shot with the camera pointing sideways from my hip. Although not very sharp, it was a fairly lucky shot.


Finally, a non street image. I sneaked a photo of this old ticket inspector on a steam train in Devon. Once again, the Ricoh GRD3 allows me to take these images due to it's stealthy silent small design. Try getting your DSLR out of your inside pocket while you are getting your ticket inspected!  ha ha.   I processed this image with a dark sepia in keeping with the vintage railway environment.



4 comments:

George McKay said...

Pardon me for taking issue but I believe you ARE a street photographer, contrary to your assertion in an earlier post. These images certainly all fit the bill as far as I'm concerned.

Michael Gatton said...

Indeed what George said :-) These are all nice, I especially like the "shooting into the sun" shot, great effect you got on that one. Congrats on your "century" mark!

Dennis Ferrol said...

Good shots!

Bill Wellham said...

Thanks guys. I don't think I am a street photographer in the current popular style, as I don't employ artictic cleverness or 'irony' in my images. But I do concede that I take photos in the street. (there is a difference honest) :)

Thanks anyway... People's comments give me inspiration and direction.