Using a Ricoh GRD III and a Nikon DSLR to photograph streets, people, architecture and anything else that catches my eye.

Saturday, 6 April 2013

A lunchtime relaxing read

Following on from my last image, I thought I should show another similar style photo.  (Actually I think the image in my last post was a better one).

There is something that appeals to me about relaxing outside a cafe or pub with a pint and a read. It's something I do myself whenever I have the time.  This one is a little over exposed, especially as his shirt is white. I still get it wrong on a regular basis but that is why I keep trying to improve.


3 comments:

s.c said...

A kind of timeless shot . Not only by the black and white but also by the dress and the pipe. Only the letters on the window gives it a bit away.Nice one.

Michael Gatton said...

My first thought was also "timeless" but s.c. beat me to it :-)

Great shot even with the blown out shirt. Do you shoot raw? Unless it's really blown out the raw file can usually record that range...

Bill Wellham said...

Thanks guys. I do shoot in RAW but the shirt was still burned out beyond rescue. In the end I think the exposure is acceptable, especially as the dark areas are just about right.