Using a Ricoh GRD III and a Nikon DSLR to photograph streets, people, architecture and anything else that catches my eye.

Sunday, 13 July 2014

Dressed for winter

Now the summer is here, and in UK we can enjoy the occasional hot sunny day, in between the typically cloudy and warm rainy days; I thought I'd post a few shots of people taken during the colder months.  November, December and January require good warm clothing, and if we're going to stay warm then lets look good too.

Here are few smartly dressed winter folk of London town:




Her spotty coat seemed to blend in well with the large wall photo of London City architecture behind her.




I couldn't help but noticed the similarities between the modern urban man in the foreground and the dapper well dressed chap from the 1930s in the background.




Now she has definitely dressed for warmth and style.




But this poor old chap just wants to be at home...   look at his 'fed up with shopping' face!

6 comments:

sliceoflondonlife.com said...

These photos make me dread the colder months to come, Bill. Brrrrr

sliceoflondonlife.com said...

These photos make me dread the colder months to come, Bill. Brrrrr

sliceoflondonlife.com said...

These photos make me dread the colder months to come, Bill. Brrrrr

sliceoflondonlife.com said...

Hi Bill, sorry for posting the same comment 3 times, blogger insisted that I hadn't posted it and made me enter the code 3 times!

Bill Wellham said...

LOL blogger is strange at times. I keep thinking of going over to WordPress.... but am also a bit nervous of the change over.

Michael Gatton said...

Nice reminder to enjoy the war/hot weather before we start complaining again about how cold it is. These are all nice shots, that last one is particularly strong in terms of subject, composition, and tonality.